[fpc-pascal] EventLog and error "No member is provided to access property"

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Tue May 13 19:40:17 CEST 2014

Hello,
I'm trying to set a own instance in EventLog property of all apps
like TCustomHttpApplication, TCustomCGIApplication
and TCustomFCGIApplication, but, no success.

To get the error, try:

TMyHttpApplication = class(TCustomHttpApplication)

constructor TMyHttpApplication.Create(AOwner: TComponent);
begin
  inherited Create(AOwner);
  EventLog := TMyEventLog.Create(Self);

I saw this code:

  TCustomWebApplication = Class(TCustomApplication)
  Public
    Property EventLog: TEventLog read GetEventLog;

Seems good changing it to:

    Property EventLog: TEventLog read GetEventLog write FEventLog;

So the code below will get my own instance instead of default instance:

function TCustomWebApplication.GetEventLog: TEventLog;
begin
  if not assigned(FEventLog) then
    begin
    FEventLog := TEventLog.Create(Nil);
    FEventLog.Name:=Self.Name+'Logger';
    FEventLog.Identification:=Title;
    FEventLog.RegisterMessageFile(ParamStr(0));
    FEventLog.LogType:=ltSystem;
    FEventLog.Active:=True;
    end;
  Result := FEventLog;
end;

Thank you!

P.S.: Lazarus 1.2.2 r44758 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

--
Silvio Clécio