[fpc-pascal] how to disable case sensitivity for file names on *nix?

Sat May 10 22:18:56 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-10 19:09, waldo kitty wrote:
> box... on windows, the project compiles fine... on linux, though, all of the
> files' names are lowercase but the sources have upper and CaMeL cased file names
> in the uses and include statements...

That is the normal way of doing things, and should work fine. At least
that is how most of my commercial software was been written (work shared
with ex-Delphi developers that like CaMel case in uses clauses).

> includes statements every time i update my local repositories... how can i get
> it to compile on linux no matter what case the names are?

I don't believe ext2/3/4 has a case-insensitive option. If you use JFS
(used to be my preferred file system under Linux - originally developed
by IBM), there is a case-insensitive option at the time you create the
file system.

The best file system (in my opinion) is to use ZFS. It comes standard
with FreeBSD, and Linux now has good support for ZFS too, but it must be
user installed, due to incompatible licensing. As with all the awesome
features included with ZFS, you can set case sensitivity whenever you
need on whatever "partition" you create. NOTE: ZFS "partitions" are
nothing like traditional file systems. You can create and destroy them
at will (almost like directories).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/