[fpc-pascal] CustHttpApp and HP httperf tool

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Jun 10 13:02:30 CEST 2014

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 06/10/2014 11:47 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>

>> IMO a web-gui that needs a stateful server part is suicide (it doesn't
>> scale at all),
>> and therefor I consider that a bad example.
>>

> I see your point, but this would prevent any attempt to do a web-interface
> that can be designed via the Lazarus gui designer and hence would-be cgi
> programs to be tested locally with "normal" Lazarus means, and allow for
> "easy"porting Lazarus (and Delphi) programs to be cgi's.

This is simply not correct. See the non-lcl widget support.
Joost van der Sluis uses it for HTML and iOS design.

I wrote an article about it many years back when it was first implemented.
Indeed, I requested (along with others) this functionality exactly to be
able to do what you claim "would be prevented".

Michael.