[fpc-pascal] CustHttpApp and HP httperf tool

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jun 10 12:09:15 CEST 2014

On 06/10/2014 11:47 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> IMO a web-gui that needs a stateful server part is suicide (it doesn't
> scale at all),
> and therefor I consider that a bad example.

I see your point, but this would prevent any attempt to do a
web-interface that can be designed via the Lazarus gui designer and
hence would-be cgi programs to be tested locally with "normal" Lazarus
means, and allow for "easy"porting Lazarus (and Delphi) programs to be
cgi's.

("Technically" such a "stateful" web GUI widget type could be crafted
based on the "customdrawn" widget type and a java script / HTML5
library that draws the basic widgets.)

IMOH, such a tool would be a great plus for Lazarus to offer, even if of
course the look of such a thingy within the browser would not completely
match the look on a "normal" desktop and certain controls are not
available.
That is why I (at some other place) discussed websocktes.

-Michael