[fpc-pascal] SqlDB and MS SQL Server support

Wed Aug 13 08:34:41 CEST 2014

Hi,

Looking at the FPC 2.6.4 fcl-db source folder it seems that SqlDB does
have MS SQL Server support. What confuses me is that the readme.txt
files mentions that I must download FreeTDS sources and compile it with
MS Visual C++ (a compiler I don't have and have never used).

Could somebody explain the situation with SqlDB and MS SQL Server support?

* Must I have C++ compiler
* Is the MS SQL Server support any good?
* What version of MS SQL Server is supported?

The program I am writing is going to run on the server which hosts SQL
Server, so client libraries should all be there. Do I still need this
FreeTDS library mentioned?

Is FPC 2.7.1 support any better - I could use that if I must.

While I'm at it, has anybody implemented MS SQL Server support in tiOPF?
If so, do you mind sharing? Though it normally takes 30-60 minutes to
add a new persistence layer, but that is 30-60 I could save. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/