[fpc-pascal] Migrate mantis bugtracker

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Aug 4 09:21:14 CEST 2014

On Sun, 3 Aug 2014, silvioprog wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 4:43 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>       On Thu, 31 Jul 2014, Saunders, Rich wrote:
>             On 2014-07-31 12:48, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>       I created a FPC program to migrate a mantis bugtracker database from
>       MySQL to Postgres.
>
> If someone has interest in such a program : let me know, and I'll send
> you the sources.
>

> I'm interested! I'd love to see your approach because I may have to do something similar between two other databases.
>

> Well, the code is nothing special. Pretty straightforward use of SQLDB.
>
> See:
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcprojects/convertmantis
>
> If you don't have subversion, let me know and I'll send it to you in a private mail.
>

> Thanks a lot sir! :-)

You're welcome.
I have meanwhile enhanced the code so the sequences for the ID field are also updated at the end
of a table conversion, but that is not yet committed. I will commit that tonight.

I've also had to implement some changes to limit memory usage;
The same base code is used to convert the FPC testsuite from MySQL to PG.
Since 500 million records do not fit in memory, I had to use some more advanced
mechanism to limit memory usage.

Michael.