[fpc-pascal] Namespaces Support

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Oct 25 18:07:04 CEST 2013

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Marco van de Voort wrote:

>> No one forces anything. You can perfectly set the default namespace to
>> 'fpc' (or whatever) in the default config file, and all should compile as it was.
>
> Yes. One can live with the XE2+ renaming at the cost of renaming units,
> potentially fixing breakage later, and a lot of adaptation of existing
> configuration, scripts etc.
>
> But I repeat: what is the hurry?

I am not hurrying anything.

Where did you see me saying anything about timeframes ?
The necessary default namespace support is not even there.

I'm discussing principles, not timeframes.

And the issue of compatibility: It is a bogus discussion, you know this as well as I do.
If Delphi itself is not compatible between versions, then we cannot do so either, and
must choose a version to which we are compatible (2 versions if you accept/count the 1-byte RTL).

Whether that turns out to be D2009 or DXE1/2/3/4/5: I honestly couldn't care less.

Michael.