[fpc-pascal] Cross-building on from Linux/x86-64 to Linux/i386 (was: Win64 release of FPC 2.6.2 missing)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue May 7 18:34:42 CEST 2013

On 07 May 2013, at 18:17, patspiper wrote:

> Cross compiler building is broken for FPC 2.7.1 on Ubuntu and Fedora. I had submitted a couple of bug reports and made several posts in this mailing list, but all went unnoticed or were not handled. I have almost lost hope.
>
> Bug reports:

You presumably have to add something like CROSSOPT="-XR/path/to/your/32bit/root -Fl/directory/containing/your/32bitlibgcc". As Florian mentioned, the compiling the entire tree now depends on certain C libraries, and hence you have to tell the build process where to find these (and the associated startup code files) if they are not in the standard directories.

And does the linker not interpret that parameter correctly? Even if it doesn't, that does not appear to be a problem specific to cross building.

Jonas

PS: when asking questions about a different topic, at change the subject (and preferably start a new thread altogether)