[fpc-pascal] Win64 release of FPC 2.6.2 missing

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue May 7 13:50:27 CEST 2013

On 07 May 2013, at 13:15, Daniel Moore wrote:

> I have not had bad experience with cross-compilers, as far as the
> compilers not working as of yet.  However, let me state for the
> record, that a vast majority of the compiling that I will be doing
> will be exclusively for 64-bit systems, and I simply do not want to
> be forced to compile a 32-bit program on Windows, then cross-compile
> it into a 64-bit program.  That is just ludicrous.  I want to direct
> compile a native 64-bit applications, period.

Cross-compilers also directly generate code for the target platform
(64 bit Windows in this case). The term simply refers to the fact that
the architecture of the compiler binary itself, or the platform it
runs on, is different from the architecture/platform of the code that
it generates. In this particular case, the compiler binary is a Win32
program that directly generates Win64 code. There is no intermediate
step.

Jonas