[fpc-pascal] Object Pascal Grammar in EBNF like style

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 22 13:22:33 CET 2013

Am 21.03.2013 19:42, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> Hi,
>
> I'm putting together a EBNF like syntax [not strictly EBNF] for the
> Object Pascal grammar, as implemented by Free Pascal, using the {$mode
> objfpc} compiler mode.
>
> I'm basing the work on FPC 2.6.2 (latest released compiler). The Object
> Pascal grammar starts at line 5374.
>
> https://github.com/graemeg/fpGUI/blob/master/docs/fpc_lang_ref.ipf
>
> Any input or corrections will be much appreciated.
>
> Known omissions I must still add:
>
>   * Generics
>   * Type Helpers
If you base the work on 2.6.2 then type helpers don't apply (only record
and class helpers). Regarding generic syntax not much has changed in
mode objfpc since 2.6 was branched (only Delphi mode was improved and
some bugs were squashed).

> Is there a wiki pages which lists all new language features and syntax
> for FPC 2.6.2?
There didn't happen much: http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_New_Features_2.6.2

Regards,
Sven