[fpc-pascal] Packaging shared libraries for OSX, recommendations?

Bruce Tulloch pascal at causal.com
Mon Jun 10 11:41:43 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be>wrote:

Under Mac OS X (and *BSD, and probably even most Linux distributions these
> days), you would put it under /usr/local/[lib,include,share].

Understood. So if we install our library, headers etc to
/usr/local/[lib,include,share] is it true that like any UN*X, in OSX:

   - Command line programs *and* GUI apps will be able to use our library,

   - XCode will be able to find and access the headers and,

   - XCode App programmers can copy the .dylib file (from
   /usr/local/lib/libMyLib.dylib) to their project to include the library and
   avoid the need to redistribute our package?

Presuming the answers are all yes, is packagemaker the tool we should be
using to package the library for distribution?

Bruce.