[fpc-pascal] Re: ++ and -- ( and +=, -=, ...)

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 12:54:37 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-30 22:42, leledumbo wrote:

> People who uses C style short unreadable code approach
> usually state they get more optimized code, yet the compiler is actually
> able to produce the same with optimizations turned on.

No, I simply prefer to use += and -= because it is easier to read the
code (for me at least). But with the added restrictions applied in
recent FPC releases (eg: those shortcuts don't work with properties any
more) I am slowly forced to move back to the verbose a := a + b syntax. :-/

Regards,
  Graeme.