[fpc-pascal] Re: [Lazarus] Should TObject or TComponent have a Comment property?

Kenneth Cochran kenneth.cochran at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 23:24:51 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 3:53 AM, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> wrote:

> Do you mean hovering over the component in the designer?
> At the moment the hint shows only the caption and some common values.
> It could be extended to show the help for the variable. Feel free to
> create a feature request.

I think he's referring to hovering over the component icon on the component
pallet. Right now the tool tip shows the class name and the unit it is
defined in. I think he wants it extended to include a description of the
component's purpose. So hovering over the TButton icon would display:

TButton
(StdCtrls)
A push button control.