[fpc-pascal] Re: Fpc Access Violation if AppConfigDir doesn't exist.

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 10:14:42 CET 2013

On 18/02/2013 18:53, DaWorm wrote:

> If this is what is really desired, is this a good construct?
>
> try ... except ... finally ... except ... end;
>
> I don't care for the meaning of "except" looking to be contextual,
> but is it really?  Reading that, to me it looks mostly predictable
> how the logic would have to work.  I guess the only question is
> whether the finally code is executed if the try code has an
> exception.  If this isn't desired, could a "break" be used in the
> first except to cause the finally to be skipped?

Does "break" do it in traditional try..finally..end?
This new construct shall be no different.

That's actually why I opt for just try..finally...except..end; too -
because an exception in the 'finally' section, if it was the outer,
could have unpredictable consequences; with 'except' being outer,
at least your program will have a chance to still run and exit
(more or less) gracefully.

Lukasz