[fpc-pascal] Re: Fpc Access Violation if AppConfigDir doesn't exist.

DaWorm daworm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:53:30 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe he one and true answer for all of the above would be to have:
>
> try     vs              try
>   try                   except
>     try                 finally
>     except              except
>     end;                end;
>   finally
>   end;
> except
> end;
>
> so with except being optionally allowed either side of 'finally' ?
>
> I haven't actually tried this, but what would this do?

try
  try
  except
  end;
finally
  try
  except
  end;
end;

If this is what is really desired, is this a good construct?

try
except
finally
except
end;

  I don't care for the meaning of "except" looking to be contextual, but is
it really?  Reading that, to me it looks mostly predictable how the logic
would have to work.  I guess the only question is whether the finally code
is executed if the try code has an exception.  If this isn't desired, could
a "break" be used in the first except to cause the finally to be skipped?

Jeff.