[fpc-pascal] Re: how to simplify try try except end finally end?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 27 19:43:24 CET 2013

Am 27.12.2013 11:22 schrieb "Mark Morgan Lloyd" <
markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk>:

> Reinier Olislagers wrote:

>>> It did lead exactly to Sven
>>

>> Ah yes, you're right that *is* progress :)
>>
>> PS: I like it, too - used to it in .Net, but not too bothered by having
>> to work around it.
>

> For what it's worth, I'm ambivalent. Not because I feel that try stacks
couldn't or shouldn't be simplified, but because I feel that whoever
overloaded  try  for two different structures should be shot.

AFAIK most other languages that support a finally also use try for both. So
I would say that Borland just went with the flow...

Regards,
Sven