[fpc-pascal] DOM, XMLRead, XMLWrite - cwstring requirement

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 10:08:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

Somebody in the fpGUI support newsgroup raised an issue when using BOM,
XMLRead units under Linux. Does the use of the DOM, XMLRead and XMLWrite
units in FCL (from FPC 2.6.0) require the use of cwstring under Linux?

I'm using those units in the FPTest (Free Pascal Unit Testing Framework)
project to generate XML output and I don't seem to be getting the error
listed below. My projects never have the cwstring unit listed anywhere.

So what else could cause this error message?

My code deals with reading/writing XML files (with XMLRead and DOM)
which requires cwstring or else i get an error at runtime:

"This binary has no unicodestrings support compiled in.
Recompile the application with a unicodestrings-manager in the program
uses clause."