[fpc-pascal] Problems with Postgresql Character Encoding

Andrew Brunner atbrunner at aurawin.com
Wed Sep 26 16:42:39 CEST 2012

On 09/26/2012 04:30 AM, LacaK wrote:
> Do you have tried SQL:  SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO 'LATIN1' ?
> May be that better would be add support for PQsetClientEncoding into 
> TPQConnection ... I can look at it if you want.
> -Laco.

Hi Laco,

Thanks for the help.  Yes I did on connection I tried 
Connection.onConnected... ExecuteDirect ('SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO 
LATIN1).  It didn't help.

Failed to insert UTF8 database with a string like ' the © character test.'

Postgres wants the data to be converted... ie.) AnsiToUTF8 would get the 
data to post.

Thanks for the patch - I'm updating my FPC /Lazarus and building now...

Andrew Brunner

Aurawin LLC

Aurawin is a great new place to store, share, and enjoy your
photos, videos, music and more.

More information about the fpc-pascal mailing list