[fpc-pascal] Re: SDFDataset users!?

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Sep 25 10:11:05 CEST 2012

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> On 24-9-2012 18:43, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, 24 Sep 2012, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>>
>>> On 24-9-2012 17:22,
>>> michael.vancanneyt-0Is9KJ9Sb0A-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg at public.gmane.org
>
>>> Finally, I'll post on the forum that sdf compatibility is not one of the
>>> goals of sdfdataset.
>>>
>>> Is there some defined on-disk format that sdfdataset should be following?
>>
>> As I understood it, it is either fixed length or CSV. CSV as in
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4180
>

> People can only go by what they see (they can't read your mind when you
> committed sdfdataset).
> There is:
> - the unit name ("sdfdataset")
> - the comments
> - the code
> - the output
> All of this makes it in my opinion more likely to be SDF than CSV.

Like I said, I had never heard of SDF.

Look, for me, this is not a requirement set in stone, I am quite flexible.

You guys asked what the original idea was, and I explained some of the
history behind the dataset.

If the desire is to have a TSDFDataset (whatever the specs) and a separate
CSV dataset, fine, we'll make it so, this is really not a problem.

I don't want anyone to feel that he has wasted his time :-)

Michael.