[fpc-pascal] Windows installer fails to add fpc binaries to PATH

Andrew Pennebaker andrew.pennebaker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 17:58:42 CEST 2012

> It did work perfectly on my Win7 laptop.
> You might want to have"administrator privileges whilst installing
> (IIRC modifying the global PATH variable requires administrator
> privileges).

I do have administrator privileges, and the installer could be built to
modify the user's PATH variable instead of the system global PATH variable.
Not sure which one the installer currently tries. If the installer does
need to modify system global PATH, and it failed to do so, it should
display an error message about this.

here's the possibility that with your previous experience using Free
Pascal, you happened to manually modify PATH at some point, and then ran
the Free Pascal installer. Can you help us rule this out by temporarily
removing the Free Pascal binaries from your PATH, rerunning the installer,
and verifying that the installer really does modify PATH? In particular,
could you paste the results of echo %PATH% before and after you rerun the
installer?