[fpc-pascal] Free Pascal 2.6.2 rc1

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 23:48:23 CET 2012

On 11/27/12, Pierre Free Pascal <pierre at freepascal.org> wrote:

>   I have uploaded a fpc-2.6.2rc1.i386-win95.exe
> ,in the same directory beta/2.6.2-rc1/i386-win32,
> that was generated using -dSUPPORT_WIN95 option
> and "inno setup 5".

You mean fpc has win95 support?
I thought only win98/winme were still supported?

I installed rc1 (as is) on win7, thenjust copied the entire stuff to
my WinMe machine, adjusted some paths, and the thing (the compiler)
seems to run OK.
(Just try that with any other complex software...)
I manged to rebuild Lazarus, so I guess the compiler is OK.

So, to make a long story short, I just need the installer to be Win9x
compatible, the current rc1 does not need any special build as far as
I am concerned.

(Perhaps I misunderstood " that was generated using -dSUPPORT_WIN95",
if so please ignore my comments above)

>   I tried to install it on a Windows 95 VMware virtual machine.
> The program started to install correctly, but
> I ended up getting a vfat vxd crash...
> No idea if it is related to the program itself,
> to the fact that I copied the virtual machine to another hardware
> or to the fact that I had to use an older vmplayer on the other hardware...
>
> Could you try it out and report?

I will try on my native WinMe machine.

Thanks for taking the trouble!

Bart