[fpc-pascal] Re: 2.6.0 for Solaris? And other questions [one resolved]

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-pascal at telemetry.co.uk
Wed May 23 11:05:55 CEST 2012

microcode at zoho.com wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2012 10:29:28 +0200 Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This might be, because you compiled it without a libgdb which in turn is
>> the one who links dynamically to libc. Most FPC applications (if they
>> don't use threads or a WideString manager) don't require libc and thus
>> don't need to link to it (which AFAIK is also the case for the IDE if it
>> doesn't link to libgdb).
>
> That's a good explanation, thank you. I would like to have the debugger
> support.

That will require that you can find a precompiled libgdb- preferably a
version that's already supported by the options in gdbint.pp. Or build
one from source (which I've done on several systems).

I've just checked my SPARC Solaris 10 and I've not gone to the trouble:
fp was built without gdblib.

> I'm planning to go through the build again a few times for various reasons
> including I want to get a current copy on Solaris SPARC. I didn't get (all)
> the units built and there are some other minor annoyances in the way it
> worked out (no symlink from fpc to the ppcx module) and if it doesn't go
> like you said I'll post back to the list.

You normally have to set up the ppc symlink manually, irrespective or
platform. I usually use two stages, e.g. ppcsparc -> ppcsparc-2.4.4 and
ppcsparc-2.4.4 -> /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.4.4/ppcsparc, and in cases where
I'm e.g. running Lazarus I tell it to use the "one in the middle" i.e.
ppcsparc-2.4.4.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk