[fpc-pascal] Re: 2.6.0 for Solaris? And other questions [one resolved]

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Tue May 22 12:22:08 CEST 2012

On Tue, 22 May 2012 10:29:28 +0200 Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> This might be, because you compiled it without a libgdb which in turn is
> the one who links dynamically to libc. Most FPC applications (if they
> don't use threads or a WideString manager) don't require libc and thus
> don't need to link to it (which AFAIK is also the case for the IDE if it
> doesn't link to libgdb).

That's a good explanation, thank you. I would like to have the debugger
support.

I'm planning to go through the build again a few times for various reasons
including I want to get a current copy on Solaris SPARC. I didn't get (all)
the units built and there are some other minor annoyances in the way it
worked out (no symlink from fpc to the ppcx module) and if it doesn't go
like you said I'll post back to the list.