[fpc-pascal] Re: xterm -e program-compiled-with-fpc2.4.0 doesn't work

max m.euer at planet.nl
Sat Mar 10 11:56:07 CET 2012

Jonas Maebe-2 wrote

> The internal representation of real numbers has never been changed in
> FPC. .

I may have expressed myself incorrectly, but there was the case when records
of real numbers written to disk by a program compiled with fpc 1.0.4 , when
read back by the same program compiled with fpc 1.9.4 were displayed
completely wrong.
I had a conversation about this back in 2006 with Michael van Canneyt when
he thought that the 'alignment' in a record might have changed and advised
of using only packed records in the future.
I was only able to recover this by using the 2 versions of the fpc.