[fpc-pascal] Re: Where and how is the FPC documentation created?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 09:49:36 CET 2012

On 1-3-2012 9:43, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Mar 2012, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

>>> oh :/
>>>
>>> I tried it at once when you submitted it.
>>> But there were quite some errors in the XML, which is why I left it for
>>> later...
>>>
>>> .... and eventually forgot about it :(
>>>
>>> My apologies for this.
>>>
>>> I now corrected the XML and committed it. Rev 892.
>>>
>> Thanks Michael,
>>
>> Sorry about the errors, glad it got committed!
>>
>> I did try to check for errors, e.g. with something like:
>> cd /d D:\Reinier\Documents\SourceCode\fpc_laz_patch_playground\docs
>>
>> rem all on one line ;)
>> c:\development\fpc\utils\fpdoc\fpdoc.exe
>> --package=fcl
>> --input=C:\Development\fpc\packages\fcl-db\src\sqldb\interbase\ibconnection.pp
>>

>> --format=chm
>> --output=ibconnection.chm
>>
>> When that didn't throw up errors and generated a valid ibconnection.chm,
>> I didn't look for any further errors.
>
> It should have given you the same errors as I got. But it will produce a
> chm file, simply with some parts missing.
>
> Originally, fpdoc would simply bomb out on the smallest mistake.
>
> I got plenty of complaints about that, so now, recoverable errors are just
> displayed, but fpdoc will happily grind on and try and produce a file.

I understand why you changed it, but didn't get any error messages
either - just redownloaded the original patch upload to make sure:

D:\Cop\t>c:\development\fpc\utils\fpdoc\fpdoc.exe --package=fcl
--input=C:\Development\fpc\packages\fcl-db\src\sqldb\interbase\ibconnection.pp
--format=chm --output=ibconnection.chm --content
FPDoc - Free Pascal Documentation Tool
Version 2.6.1 [2012/02/29]
(c) 2000 - 2003 Areca Systems GmbH / Sebastian Guenther, sg at freepascal.org

Writing 91 pages...
HTML Files written. Collecting other files and compressing...this could
take some time
Finishing compressing...
Done.