[fpc-pascal] Re: Where and how is the FPC documentation created?

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Mar 1 09:43:42 CET 2012

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

> On 29-2-2012 20:52, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Reinier Olislagers wrote:

>>> *Cough*
>>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=20735
>>> *cough*
>>>
>>> I'd love to see that patch committed or get some feedback on it ;)
>>
>> oh :/
>>
>> I tried it at once when you submitted it.
>> But there were quite some errors in the XML, which is why I left it for
>> later...
>>
>> .... and eventually forgot about it :(
>>
>> My apologies for this.
>>
>> I now corrected the XML and committed it. Rev 892.
>>
> Thanks Michael,
>
> Sorry about the errors, glad it got committed!
>
> I did try to check for errors, e.g. with something like:
> cd /d D:\Reinier\Documents\SourceCode\fpc_laz_patch_playground\docs
>
> rem all on one line ;)
> c:\development\fpc\utils\fpdoc\fpdoc.exe
> --package=fcl
> --input=C:\Development\fpc\packages\fcl-db\src\sqldb\interbase\ibconnection.pp
>
> --format=chm
> --output=ibconnection.chm
>
> When that didn't throw up errors and generated a valid ibconnection.chm,
> I didn't look for any further errors.

It should have given you the same errors as I got.
But it will produce a chm file, simply with some parts missing.

Originally, fpdoc would simply bomb out on the smallest mistake.

I got plenty of complaints about that, so now, recoverable errors are just
displayed, but fpdoc will happily grind on and try and produce a file.

Michael.