[fpc-pascal] Windows Phone 8 + pascal

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 15:39:00 CEST 2012

*In a CNN news page

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/20/tech/mobile/windows-phone-8-microsoft/index.html
I found* that Windows Phone 8 will support native C code. That means it
will support also native pascal code.
Does anyone know how is it done in practice? Is the old WinAPI brought back?

Juha
*

**Shared Native Code*

Windows Phone 8 will share native C and C++ code with Windows 8, making it
easier for developers to create apps for both platforms. It's not something
that consumers will immediately notice when they use the OS, but Microsoft
hopes shared native code will lead to better, faster app development — and
thus more quality apps in Windows Phone Marketplace.

"The biggest effect this will have is we're going to see some freaking
killer games this year," Belfiore said.

At its developer summit, Microsoft continually hammered on how easy it will
be for developers to port games from Windows 8 to Windows Phone 8, and vice
versa. "Suddenly, with Windows Phone 8 with that shared core, taking an app
from the PC to phone is very straightforward," Belfiore said.

In essence, native code will enable developers to write high-performance
code — which is why games are such a big deal — and drive hardware
acceleration. "You're going to see some beefy, powerful phones running some
amazing games this year," Belfiore said.