[fpc-pascal] Re: Playing sounds with standard components

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 23:41:22 CEST 2012

silvioprog wrote:
> Nice project. :)
>
> castle_game_engine-3.0.0-src.zip = +-70MB.

Most of the size comes from the examples, they contain also example 3D
data files (models, animations etc.). I prefer to give people full
package :) For those who want to get parts, they can always check out
appropriate directories from SVN.

> Hm... you could send only the files to play audio? :/

The directories src/base/ and src/audio/ from the engine source code
should be all you need. And examples inside examples/audio/, and
examples/3d_sound_game/ (only in SVN), are probably useful :) Note that
if you only get a subset of src/ directories, you will need to prepare
also special Lazarus package to compile them (as the default package
inside packages/castle_base.lpk includes other units, to deal with 3D,
images, scripting and such), or compile only with ./xxx_compile.sh
scripts (Unix or Cygwin required). It will be easier to just get the
full zip/tar.gz archive, and simply ignore (don't look inside :)
directories that don't interest you :)

Michalis