[fpc-pascal] Custom operators for non-record types

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon Jul 2 13:39:47 CEST 2012

Sven Barth wrote on Mon, 02 Jul 2012:

> Maybe there were reasons to not allow them... You can of course
> prepare a bug report or wait till one of the other developers who
> are more experienced in FPC's overloading speak up.

I think most of operator overloading support was implemented by Peter,
who no longer has time for FPC nowadays. I don't know whether anyone
ever made a thorough analysis of what can be safely allowed and what
not, and to what extent the current limitations are for implementation
resp. semantic reasons.

Jonas