[fpc-pascal] FP IDE: Error: Illegal parameter: -Cp386

Pierre Free Pascal pierre at freepascal.org
Wed Jan 4 14:24:40 CET 2012

  Did you try to "manually" (meaning with some other text editor, or sed
script)
remove the offending line -Cp386 from fp.cfg?

  The problem might come from a fp.cfg that was created by an earlier
version
of Free Pascal for which -Cp386 was allowed.
 To complicate things further, once you tried to compile
with those wrong options, the compiler exits with fp.cfg file open,
which leads to an opening failure on a second compilation try...

  I still need to figure out how to correctly fix these
possible open files...

Pierre Muller
Free Pascal core team member