[fpc-pascal] fpdoc slow on Linux x64... tweaking?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 09:16:42 CET 2012

On 22 February 2012 09:49, Reinier Olislagers  wrote:
> 2) Is there anything else I can do to speed up LCL doc generation?

You are building CHM help, correct? If so, from recent messages in the
FPC and Lazarus mailing lists, that is your problem, not fpdoc per-se.
The CHM generation package is very very slow and very memory hungry.

I can generate full LCL docs in IPF output format (the source format
used to generate INF help files) using fpdoc, in 4 seconds. So it is
definitely not fpdoc to blame.

$cd /opt/lazarus/docs/html/

$ time ./build_ipf.sh
FPDoc - Free Pascal Documentation Tool
Version 2.5.1 [2011/10/20]
(c) 2000 - 2003 Areca Systems GmbH / Sebastian Guenther, sg at freepascal.org

Done.

real	0m4.822s
user	0m2.030s
sys	0m2.810s

$ ls -l lcl/lcl.ipf
-rw-r--r-- 1 graemeg graemeg 9929628 2012-02-22 10:04 lcl/lcl.ipf

  - Graeme -