[fpc-pascal] Re: Logging full runtime-error/exception backtrace

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Feb 21 17:20:41 CET 2012

On 21/02/2012 16:14, leledumbo wrote:
>>   So the savest way to ensure that BackTraceStrFunc returns more than just
> the address us to use "-gl"
>
> I think I'm not clear enough to say that I have used -gl for this, and I
> don't get the line information. I've tried this on 2 places: ExceptProc and
> TApplication.OnException.

It should be noted, that afaik if the BackTraceStrFunc encounters an
error, it is reset to the system one (without line info). So once
backtrace failed (maybe problems reading a particular part of the debug
info, it switches itself off... (for all further calls)

If you don't get results: then you should mention if that was using
stabs, or dwarf. And 32bit 64 bit.

Also start testing outside an exception, to see if that works.