[fpc-pascal] How create a full text search with TChmWriter?

Andrew Haines AndrewD207 at aol.com
Tue Feb 21 02:51:58 CET 2012

On 02/20/12 18:00, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using TChmWriter to pack some html files into a chm file.
> The index works. I don't have a TOC.
> Now I want a full text search.
>
> I set Writer.FullTextSearch to true, it takes a long time to
> process and the resulting chm is 30% bigger than the total of all
> files. So I guess it has created some index.
>
> But in lhelp I don't see a search, only the index.
>
> chmmaker can show a search for the example.chm, but can not find
> anything.
>
> Has someone an example how to create a chm file with full text search?

I added an lcl program to the ccr in applications/chmmaker that I wrote
when I wrote the chm writing code. I just compiled it and it created a
chm that was searchable.

It's aimed at a help project approach. The help projects it creates can
be compiled with chmcmd as well. (Last I knew)

Regards,

Andrew