[fpc-pascal] Easy way to install FPC 2.6.x on Mint Linux?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:09:44 CET 2012

2012/2/20 Henry Vermaak <henry.vermaak at gmail.com>

> On 20/02/12 14:03, Juha Manninen wrote:
>
>> It is funny how people still think the Debian based package system is
>> the best. It was so maybe 10 or 15 years ago but not any more.
>>

> These problems have nothing to do with Debian packages.  You need to
> install some development libraries.

Which libraries? It used to work with 2.4.4.
The 44 files do have something to do with Debian packages. I guess the
answer to my original question about an _easy_ way to install is: "no,
there is no easy way".
I know I will manage to do it somehow after spending time with the issue. I
also have other things to do and I really thought this could go without
struggle.
IMO installation should go without struggle.

Juha