[fpc-pascal] fpc 2.7.1 for arm-embedded

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Fri Feb 10 11:30:20 CET 2012

On 10 Feb 2012, at 08:25, Koenraad Lelong wrote:

> make rtl_all FPC=/home/koenraad/devel/fpc-svn/compiler/ppcrossarm
> RELEASE=1
> make[1]: Map '/home/koenraad/devel/fpc-svn' wordt binnengegaan
> make -C rtl all
> make[2]: Map '/home/koenraad/devel/fpc-svn/rtl' wordt binnengegaan
> make -C embedded all
> make[3]: Map '/home/koenraad/devel/fpc-svn/rtl/embedded' wordt
> binnengegaan
> /bin/mkdir -p /home/koenraad/devel/fpc-svn/rtl/units/arm-embedded
> /home/koenraad/devel/fpc-svn/compiler/ppcrossarm -Cparmv7m @rtl.cfg -
> Ur -Tembedded -Parm -XParm-none-eabi- -Xr -Ur -Xs -O2 -n -Fi../inc -
> Fi../arm -FD/home/koenraad/CodeSourcery/
> Sourcery_CodeBench_Lite_for_ARM_EABI/bin -FE. -FU/home/koenraad/
> devel/fpc-svn/rtl/units/arm-embedded -darm -dRELEASE -CfSoft -Us -Sg
> system.pp
> text.inc(1897,3) Fatal: Unknown compilerproc "fpc_ansistr_assign".
> Check if you use the correct run time library.
> Fatal: Compilation aborted
> make[3]: *** [system.ppu] Fout 1
> make[3]: Map '/home/koenraad/devel/fpc-svn/rtl/embedded' wordt
> verlaten
> make[2]: *** [embedded_all] Fout 2
> make[2]: Map '/home/koenraad/devel/fpc-svn/rtl' wordt verlaten
> make[1]: *** [rtl_all] Fout 2
> make[1]: Map '/home/koenraad/devel/fpc-svn' wordt verlaten
> make: *** [base.build-stamp.arm-embedded] Fout 2
>
> What am I doing wrong ? All suggestions to help resolve this are
> welcomed.

Now I see: that compilerproc is only included in the RTL if
FPC_HAS_FEATURE_ANSISTRINGS is defined. The embedded target by default
probably does not include support for ansistrings (since they in turn
depend on the heap manager). One helper for readstr(ansistring) is
however always included in the RTL currently, and the ansistring
assignment it contains results in a helper call (fpc_ansistr_assign)
since the introduction of the new ansistrings with code page support
(in the past it didn't, which is why that did not cause a problem
previously).

So it should be simply a matter of adding some extra {$ifdef
FPC_HAS_FEATURE_ANSISTRINGS} defines around that code.

Jonas