[fpc-pascal] tzipper issue(zipper.pp)

Tony Caduto tony.caduto at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 06:09:58 CET 2012

Hi,
I am trying to port a Delphi app to Freepascal/Lazarus.
The original app zipped the contents of a memo(using vclzip) which was
saved to a stream, and the zip does not get stored in a file, rather a
tmemorystream, which
is then sent to a client app via a socket.

So I noticed the tzipper class in 2.6.x has the ability to save to stream
and this works, but it forces you to write the zip to a file first as you
have to provide a filename, and if you don't provide a filename it raises a
exception.

Unless I missed something, this seems odd that you have to write to a file
in order to save to a stream.

Thanks,

Snorkel