[fpc-pascal] fpc 2.6.0 for arm-embedded

Koenraad Lelong fpascal at brouwerij.homelinux.net
Wed Feb 8 17:31:12 CET 2012

On 08-02-12 15:42, Jonas Maebe wrote:

> On 08 Feb 2012, at 15:31, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
>
>> After some debugging, I think my compiler does not work. I'm pretty
>> certain it outputs arm-code in stead of the needed thumb2 code.
>
> The error below indicates the compiler does not get to emitting any kind
> of code at all.

What I say above is from a crosscompiler made with 2.6.0.
Below is what I get when I try to make a new crosscompiler, using svn
20278.

>> I just tried to make a crosscompiler using svn 20278, which fails :

> This means you are trying to compile an FPC 2.6.x (or 2.4.x) RTL using
> an FPC 2.7.x starting compiler, or an FPC 2.7.x RTL using an FPC 2.7.x
> compiler built from a different 2.7.x revision.
>
> Always first build a native compiler for the version you want to use
> (starting with the previous release relative to that version), and use
> the resulting native compiler to build a cross-compiler from those same
> sources.

That's what I think I did.
I had fpc 2.6.0 installed.
I downloaded fpc trunk via svn.
In the root of the download I did "make clean build install" (as root).
I renamed /usr/lib64/fpc/2.6.0 to -2.6.0- so it would not be found.
I renamed /usr/bin/ppcx64 to ppcx64-2.6.0.
I made a link from /usr/lib/fpc/2.7.0/ppcx64 to /usr/bin/ppcx64.
I modified /etc/fpc.cfg to use /usr/lib/fpc/2.7.0...
fpc -i shows 2.7.1
In the root of the download I tried to make the crosscompiler and then I
got the error.

Is there a way to verify there are no files left ? I tried fpc -vt but
that seems not the tool.

Thanks,

Koenraad.