[fpc-pascal] Too tired? Forcedirectories does not seem to work

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 17:41:31 CET 2012

On 7-2-2012 17:37, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> Reinier Olislagers schrieb:
> But ~ is not the only placeholder that will be expanded. Relative paths
> would become absolute paths and environment variables will be replaced
> by their values too. And I think it's not restricted to Linus/Unix, it
> happens on Windows too. So if at all I would list all these possible
> expansions:
>
> "ExpandFileName expands the filename to an absolute filename. Replaced
> would be
> -) placeholders (like ~)
> -) environment variables (like HOME)
> -) relative path would completed to absolute paths
> etc.

That's fine. If you just say "anything gets expanded to an absolute
path", in my mind:
1. you're implying the thing you're expanding is relative (even if
you're not saying so)
2. you're leaving users to guess what "expanded" means exactly. From
relative to absolute? What placeholders get "expanded", if any, etc.

Might be that I'm just too stupid sometimes, but if we can help the
stupid users too, why not ;)

Sounds like a good suggestion, Jürgen!

Regards,
Reinier