[fpc-pascal] TStringStream.DataString returns garbage?

Lars noreply at z505.com
Thu Feb 2 22:13:45 CET 2012

Jorge Aldo G. de F. Junior wrote:
> I would vote for a new function on all stream types to allow writing
> strings in the expected way. Everybody hits that problem once.

I think there is  a class.WriteString function instead of class.Write()

Similar to a DEPRECATED; directive, there could be an UNSAFE; directive
warning the user that he is using untyped pointer or something.

Problem is that adding more things like this to the langage make the
compiler more complex.

In oberon there is a way to mark a module UNSAFE if you are linking to C
code and such.