[fpc-pascal] replace one field of a record in a collection...

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Feb 1 21:21:16 CET 2012

i've gone brain dead after a few days at my $$$ job and i cannot figure out how
to replace one field of a record in a collection :/  i'm looking at my existing
code that does something similar but it is replacing the entire record and
that's too much as well as the fact that the two records i'm working with are
not the same...

i'm building a record with data from a file... this record has a field that is
basically the joiner between two tables if we were talking databases... all data
is linked based on this field... there is another field that contains some
text... is it this text field that needs to be put in place of the text field in
the collection record if the two are not the same..

so, i'm creating a record to use for the collection's search function but then
when i find the record i'm seeking, i don't know how to replace its text
field... the more i look at the code and try to figure it out, the more it looks
like tarzan's squiggly bugs in the books that he learned to read from :?