[fpc-pascal] Basically on the right track?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 28 23:09:51 CET 2012

On 28.12.2012 22:53, Patrick wrote:
> Ah ! the liblua.a file was there at the start and then after make clean,
> make it was not. Thanks !

The liblua.a file is not necessarily what you think it is. On *nix
platforms the .a files are used for smartlinking, not for linking
against something.

> I tried the  -st switch but a script was not generated. I have the
> results below but don't worry too much about it, I am going to start
> fresh again

This is because you used it on the wrong file (see below). The script is
only generated if the code compiles correctly.

> :fpc -st helloworld.pas

This should have been for your helloworld2 to check what the linking
errors are for. With the helloworld you have a compile error which is
before the linking phase.

> Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.0 [2012/08/24] for x86_64
> Copyright (c) 1993-2011 by Florian Klaempfl and others
> Target OS: Linux for x86-64
> Compiling helloworld.pas
> helloworld.pas(28,11) Error: Incompatible types: got "Boolean32"
> expected "LongInt"
> helloworld.pas(96) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
> Fatal: Compilation aborted
> Error: /usr/bin/ppcx64 returned an error exitcode (normal if you did not
> specify a source file to be compiled)

Regards,
Sven