[fpc-pascal] Re: Identifier not found "result"

Rainer Stratmann RainerStratmann at t-online.de
Thu Aug 30 15:08:36 CEST 2012

Am Thursday 30 August 2012 14:39:06 schrieb leledumbo:
> Since this behavior is documented, one should read the documentation first:
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refse76.html

There is much documentation spread over many servers.

> Anyway, how could one find that Result is used as function result without
> reading the docs?

The scenario occures when someone starts freepascal as I already documented in
my first E-Mail.

When someone wants to compile a TurboPascal or Delphi program with freepascal.
Then he already knows that result is a function result, but freepascal gives
an error about this.

Of course now you can say he has to read the documentation, but this you can
say nearly to every question for which a solution is documented in the docs.

As I read from your statement your opinion is that my suggestion is completely
needless. I know it now, but for the beginners it will be a help to not get
demotivated with reading all the docs.