[fpc-pascal] Re: How to avoid namespace name clashes after USES ?

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Wed Aug 22 04:27:18 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Jorge Aldo G. de F. Junior
<jagfj80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Yes, we know too... but how prevent this using third-party libs?
> For example, what do you think if I have a project that have a file
> called lnet.pas? Can I use this identifier? I think so... WAIT, I
> can't because the lnet project already uses, right? But I didn't know
> before...ohh my... and now, I can't use this project because I will
> got a compiler error because "cant have two units with the same name".
> Do you think this is right?
> Because of this conflict that I proposed the syntax:"
>
> How many times this actually did happen ?

Depends how many third-party libs do you use in a single project.
Ah, I'm not talking about just open and famous libs, but any one!
For example: In a company we can have many departments; each
department can have your own lib; each department can choose the names
of your own identifiers and here is the problem.
I had many problems using Object Pascal (Delphi) a long time ago.

> I never seen that before...
Do you use many third-party libs?  ;-)

Marcos Douglas