OT: Re: [fpc-pascal] Malformed email messages

microcode at zoho.com microcode at zoho.com
Thu Aug 16 16:12:15 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 01:15:09PM +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> microcode at zoho.com wrote:
> >Is anybody else receiving mailformed emails from the list?
> >
> >I've received several, most or all from Marco, with all with most of the
> >headers appearing as text since there is an extra blank line between the
> >X-Mailer header and the previous ones.
> >

> >On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 14:29:15 +0200 (CEST)
> > wrote:
>
> I don't see any problem in the message here, and any message that is
> even slightly suspect gets rejected by our gateway- I'll fix that
> sometime.
>
> I note that the headers you quote include a few X- headers that I
> don't see here:

Well spotted. I don't know if zoho is using that or not. I usually turn off
any AV if there is an option, I'll check again.

> I can't remember whether our gateway is explicitly rejecting those
> but in any event I think that repeated header is suspect. Is your
> ISP doing extra scanning, and messing things up?

As much as I would like to be able to blame then, my ISP is off the hook this
time (pun intended) because the problem is not appearing on my ISP email account,
it's specific to this list and so far mostly or only from emails from Marco,
I'll have to double check, and I do have other friends using Elm on this and
other email accounts so I don't think that particular MUA is the problem
either. Not sure what triggers it.

Thanks for the help and sorry to everyone for the off-topic post. If I am
the only one seeing it I'll go from there.

--