[fpc-pascal] Re: linux:shouldwehard-codeversionedorunversionedshared libraries in our apps?

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu Aug 16 15:45:19 CEST 2012

> Why do you say that?
>
> It's not because I personally think that no extra solution is needed,
> that I am oblivious to the problems of users.
>
> We'll solve the problem, thereby improving sqldb.
> I will implement it myself next week:
>
> * Change default library names to make more sense.
> * Implement library loader for cases where the default library
>    name is not the correct one.
>
> That the implementation is not how you would have done it,
> is a minor detail, I hope; The problem can and will be solved,
> that's the main thing.

I'm glad to see I was mistaken in interpreting the way this discussion was
going. Probably seen too many other discussions and initiatives that end up
nowhere.

I only suggested the easiest and commonly used solution. You know I would
have written the patch for it if that was needed. If your implementation is
better in the overall sqldb scheme of things then so much the better;)

Ludo