[fpc-pascal] Re: linux: shouldwehard-codeversionedorunversionedshared libraries in our apps?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Aug 16 15:11:38 CEST 2012

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012, Ludo Brands wrote:

>> Well, first of all, I don't think something needs to be
>> changed in the first place :)
>>
>> So, if we must do something extra anyway, then I prefer it to be the
>> correct solution, and not a shortcut.
>>

> And that is how also this attempt to improve sqldb grinds to a halt ...

Why do you say that?

It's not because I personally think that no extra solution is needed,
that I am oblivious to the problems of users.

We'll solve the problem, thereby improving sqldb.
I will implement it myself next week:

* Change default library names to make more sense.
* Implement library loader for cases where the default library
   name is not the correct one.

That the implementation is not how you would have done it,
is a minor detail, I hope; The problem can and will be solved,
that's the main thing.

Michael.