[fpc-pascal] Re: RE : RE : Re: SQLDB GetSchemaInfoSQL for indexesetc?

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu Apr 19 16:57:31 CEST 2012

> Now, supposing it must remain in sqldb:
>
> I do not know if the calls for schema information will
> provide all info that datadict needs. If they do not, then I
> must re-implement them in datadict. If they do, then the
> default fpdatadict information retrieval routines
> can use the new schema calls.

See my previous message. From what I have seen so far, information_schema
data provide more info than datadict represents.

> Unfortunately, it would take some time to investigate how
> much it overlaps.

Yes

> The bottom line is that I still think that this kind of info
> belongs in fpdatadict, which is broader in scope than sqldb
> (you could use it in zeos, for instance). But if it is
> available from sqldb, then fpdatadict can of course reuse that.

Zeos uses jdbc names for metadata which is very close, if not identical, to
odbc names. It implements most if not all of the jdbc metadata calls. The
TZSQLMetadata dataset descendant implements the following: mdProcedures,
mdProcedureColumns, mdTables, mdSchemas,
    mdCatalogs, mdTableTypes, mdColumns, mdColumnPrivileges,
mdTablePrivileges,
    mdBestRowIdentifier, mdVersionColumns, mdPrimaryKeys, mdImportedKeys,
    mdExportedKeys, mdCrossReference, mdTypeInfo, mdTriggers, mdIndexInfo,
mdSequences,
    mdUserDefinedTypes.

Ludo