[fpc-pascal] Re: Best practices on using classes for subroutine libraries

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Tue Apr 10 09:53:44 CEST 2012

> I am thinking now of using classes with procedures, without any data
in them, so that I subclass them in the projects where I need to
change them. Are the some good examples and some known good working
practices on working with procedures in this way?

If you're used to OOP with FPC, you'll quite often create descendant classes
from units available in standard distribution. For me, TStrings/TStringList,
TFileSearcher and some other classes whose features need additional callback
event to assign first are the one that I often use this way. I have no
examples at hand now, but you shouldn't really need one I guess...