[fpc-pascal] Best practices on using classes for subroutine libraries

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 06:07:45 CEST 2012

When I need a variation in procedures (standalone, not a class or
object procedure) I use across my applications, I often find it more
convenient to create a copy the unit into the project folder and make
the changes there. Sometimes they get merged back into the shared unit
or not at all.

I am thinking now of using classes with procedures, without any data
in them, so that I subclass them in the projects where I need to
change them. Are the some good examples and some known good working
practices on working with procedures in this way?

--
Frank Church