[fpc-pascal] XML parser

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 08:38:24 CEST 2012

Hi

I have a new job.
Now I am looking for a proper XML parser for Delphi, for big XML files.
The default Delphi parser, using MS DOM, chokes badly. 4 GB memory is not
enough for it.

Question:
Does FCL-XML work with a new Unicode Delphi?

Another question:
What does the license say about using FCL-XML in a commercial Delphi
project?

I found a Delphi SAX parser from SourceForge. It gave errors on
Scandinavian alphabets ä, ö etc.
I commented out some hard-coded checks and finally it stopped working
completely.
Not a good parser!

There are some other choices like SimpleXML. Should I use that?

Juha